At Southside Hearing Center, we believe hearing care is a long term commitment, and this commitment begins with our team. We are currently offering an opportunity for the right candidate to be part of our winning team.
The Medical Receptionist is the first point of contact for patients and potential patients for phones, scheduling appointments, completing administrative processing and record keeping. The person who holds this position will be able to: answer questions regarding scheduling, accepted insurances, and successfully differentiate our Practice from the competition; screen customers to determine what services will meet their needs; and demonstrate excellent customer service. The position supports the mission of the practice by demonstrating excellent patient care and incorporating outbound and patient retention calls. This position has the potential to turn into a full-time position.
Primary Job Functions:
- Opens the office and ensures the front office is in order.
- Retrieves voicemail messages and prioritizes return phone calls.
- Greets and assists/directs patients and potential patients who come to the practice.
- Answers incoming calls and guides patients to the appropriate service.
- Distributes and obtains appropriate forms, including new patient information, insurance information, and HIPAA information for all patients.
- Schedules appointments.
- Prepares, pulls and files patient charts on a daily basis.
- Confirms appointments.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and benefits prior to patients’ appointments and ensures that any required referrals or physician orders have been received.
- Records patient charges.
- Collects and records payments.
- Counts petty cash at the open and close of business each day, accounting for all deposits and withdrawals.
- Sends out various patient communications via phone, email, text and mail.
- Maintains an attractive and welcoming office environment.
- Completes all filing.
- Confirms hearing aids and ear molds are ready prior to patient appointment.
- Ensures accurate tracking of hearing aid serial numbers and warranty information in both the patient database and the physical chart.
- Accepts and records incoming shipments and distributes to appropriate parties.
- Prepares, records and sends outgoing shipments.
- Sells batteries and other miscellaneous products as designed by the practice.
- Establishes and maintains good public relations.
- Practices good safety and infection control protocols.
- Exercises confidentiality as it relates to all business and client information.
- Performs all other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Job Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be high school graduate. Prefer an Associate’s degree in administrative, sales or customer oriented field OR equivalent work experience.
- Must be able to organize time and prioritize numerous duties within strict deadlines.
- Ability to perform the functions of the job despite numerous and constant interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow effective working relationships with diverse patient base, including listening, sales and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accurately record and balance cash, credit card and check receipts on a daily basis.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be willing to work at both locations (Henrietta and Lakeville).
- Must be willing to travel on occasion for trainings.
- Computer skills: MUST be proficient in Word and have experience with database software. Excel knowledge is helpful.
Interested candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org and attention Kathy Brady.